Monday, April 12, 2010

Stef's Visit



Last week was a very exciting time, because my dear friend, Stefanie came to visit me and Jody. Now why is Stefanie so special, do you ask? Stefanie is special for more reasons that I can think of, but the first that comes to mind is that Stefanie has seen me struggle over several years and she still loves me. Stefanie was one of my first friends in Korea. We met in early 2006 at an English ministry of a large church in Migeum station, about 15 minutes drive from Suji, where we both lived.

As I thought about our history, I realized we have been through a lot together and kept in touch even when apart. (Move your mouse over the following paragraph, and you will be able to click on the links to see when I wrote about those experiences on this blog.) 

We were friends when Korea was crazy over the World Cup. She encouraged me when I arrived back in Korea for my second year and cried like a baby in her and Brittany's apartment. She was there when Jody and I first met and became friends... and when we went hiking together... and the shirt I'm wearing for my first 'date' with Jody is hers.... Stefanie is also the first person I told when Jody had proposed... we were, after all, heading over to her apartment that Friday evening when Jo popped the question. :) Stefanie was a consolation during our Tuesday night Bible studies, where we confessed struggles, prayed for one another and encouraged each other to keep pressing on. She was there the day of our wedding... and back in Korea when we returned to Korea for my third year. She has celebrated Thanksgiving with me in Korea. She introduced us to Life Church, where we had community and developed wonderful friendships with amazing people. I praise God for Stefanie!

And so, last Tuesday, Stefanie came to Denver and visited Jody and me. Sadly, Jody received a jury summons - and was selected. So he was gone most of Stefanie's visit (bummer!!!), but nonetheless, we girls had a great time together. We ate Korean food together, took a walk to downtown Littleton, visited Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs, and visited the Coors Brewery in Golden. It was a wonderful time together, and I praise God for faithful friends like Stef.




i love you, steffers!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Such a sweet description! It's fun looking back at various stages of life and seeing who was walking alongside you. Yay for friends!

beautiful feet said...

oh ruthie, you're amazing! im so blessed to have even been able to come visit! cant wait 'til we do it again. i love you! (and jo!) (oh! and eu-mi!) :):)