Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Back in Korea (Year 3)

Jody has gone to work out at the gym and I have finished my prep for today's classes, so I decided I would sit down and write. It is Halloween today... that means candy for the children. :) And some games. The work load will be light today - not so much because I like Halloween, but... just because we can. :) And it just helps my image in the kids' eyes, you know? But I think the angel/fairy wings will not be worn this year....

The weather has begun to turn cold. Leaves have been turning brilliant colors of red, yellow and orange, and the air has been fairly clear (for Seoul). We know that winter isn't far around the corner! But this year Jody and I feel so much more prepared - with our Slovak fleeces and our Romanian hand-knit sweaters that could swallow a bear of man. :D Plus, if things get really rough, we'll whip out our -10 degrees Celsius sleeping bags and curl under them on our bed. Aha!

We used the last of our Costco cheese today. Horrors! It's time to make another run into the city, and maybe we'll grab a turkey and a pumpkin pie, as well!!! I hear from our friends that Thanksgiving is at our apartment this year. Sounds great to me! Speaking of get-togethers.... on the 20th we had a potluck dinner at our apartment, and it was so great to have friends come over, see our apartment and just hang out together. It was truly wonderful, and I have felt like it is more home now.

No comments: