Tuesday, September 19, 2006

phew.. busy!

i have only a few minutes, but i wanted to resurface and let everyone know i'm doing alright. the move this past weekend went very smoothly. my new apartment was really dirty, but with lots of comet and scrubbing, it is shaping up nicely. when things are a little more settled, i will try and post some pictures. thanks to everyone for your concern and prayers.

i have been busy writing, giving, and grading tests. i must confess there are times when i have to remind myself that i can lead a horse to water, but i can't make it drink. in the same way, i can write up study questions, have class discussions, give chapter quizzes, and offer to answer any questions throughout the book and when they're taking the test... but when the students fail, it is NOT MY FAULT. that's hard for me to remember sometimes when i desire so much for my children to succeed.
every week stefanie, brittany and i are going through stomping out the darkness, but neil t. anderson and dave park... last night was our first study. pray that God's Spirit illuminates hearts and teaches us about Himself and ourselves in Him. we are striving for genuine progress and growth in our walks with Him.
in this time of discipline, i am hungry for Him and His Word.
the Scriptures the Lord has given me this week:

Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in Him; and He shall bring it to pass. - Psalm 37,5
Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. - 1 Thessalonians 5, 16-18
For who has despised the day of small things? - Zechariah 4,10a
A man's heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps. - Proverbs 16,9
All your children (ahem, students) shall be taught by the LORD. And great shall be the peace of your children. In righteousness you shall be established. - Isaiah 54,13-14a

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

SO IT IS OFFICIAL!

I am coming to KOREA January 1-15th, 2007! I will see you there! :)

Lindsey said...

All I have to say is "Amen" to your comment about it not being your fault if you do everything you can, but your students still fail. I am going through the exact same thing - I gave the regular students their first test today and yesterday, and I believe that more than half failed (of 110). I've been feeling like a failure as a teacher because of it - you you had it right - it's not our fault!!! :) I love you very much! I hope things are going well!

Anonymous said...

i agree. you can place the horse near the water but you can't make it drink the water. i believe that teachers have noble deeds. the goal is more than to teach but to lead the way to self learning and releasing of true potential. ;)

Anonymous said...

ditto, ditto, ditto!! failing 3rd graders is tough stuff, but we're not doing them any favors by just letting them slide by
keep fighting the good fight :)