Readjustment
The trip home to America was too short for reverse culture shock to set in, or perhaps I didn't experience it in any measure worth mentioning. It was so wonderful to see you all! However, this is the first time I have returned to Korea... and I would be lying if I didn't admit to there being some small awkwardness in readjusting. It took me a good 3 days to get back into a normal sleeping schedule, and the first day of teaching was overwhelming. It was one of those days where I questioned my calling. You know... one of those days. And I have realized how much I must consciously look at those here in Korea with the eyes and heart of the Lord. Otherwise, I'm hopeless in cross-cultural relating.
In any case, the Lord was gracious to me and granted me the time at home to regroup, reconnect, and establish a course for the next 6 months I am here in Korea. I am just now starting to process all that happened while I was home, and to ask Him for even more direction once I finish this second contract. Now more than ever I have such a sense of how critical this period is in directing the course of my life.
I move apartments tomorrow morning, so I've been packing up and living out of my suitcases. Although I will dreadfully miss my current home, it will be nice to set up house and establish myself in a new place - a symbolic 'fresh start', if you will. Please pray for a smooth transition!

Also, I've been drinking in the Word of God, not just in reading but through my favorite Jesus movie - The Gospel According to Matthew - the movie that caused me to fall in love with Jesus back in high school. I missed it last year and so brought it back with me this time. I am reminded of how helpful it has been in my memorization of large chunks of the book of Matthew.... and how full of JOY Jesus must have been while He was on the earth.
And I'm wondering who I can share the movie with -- not just Brittany and Stefanie, but perhaps with some of my non-Christian coworkers, too. Oh, that they may know Him!
No comments:
Post a Comment