The Lord your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.
Zephaniah 3,17
Yesterday was truly a blessed day. Not only did the Lord answer a big prayer, but He also spoke words of encouragement and promise which give me greater hope and faith to believe that indeed, the promises He spoke to me years ago are not forgotten. In fact, they are imminent and more powerful than ever! And I could not have anticipated the enormous amount of love and care extended from those here and back home. The calls, text messages, and emails were so dear. (It was my 23rd birthday.) I want to thank each one of you, but please give me time.
Saturday night Brittany and Stefanie treated me to a wonderful dinner in Seoul. We went to an Indian restaurant near Dongdaemun, and I met a wonderful couple from Brittany's church - Jackie and Ambrose. We had an awesome time together over dinner and then coffee. I hope to see Jackie and Ambrose again before they return to England. It was in conversation with them that I was reminded how deeply my love for the Europeans runs. How can I explain it, but that it is the love of God?
Sunday afternoon we went to a baseball game in the Olympic Park (the same place used for the 1988 Seoul Olympics). The weather has been absolutely beautiful... in a way that reminds me how much I am affected by the sunshine (or lack thereof). I've been basking in the sun and loving every moment of the clear, crisp air and bright blue skies!
And yesterday began with a workout at the Y and then french toast at Britt and Stef's place. They cooked breakfast for me!! And they had the greatest little gift basket with.. you'll never guess...!! A mug with the German flag. I nearly fell over. At work the teachers and students were so kind to me - cards, cakes, and lots of love. Of course some of the kids still drove me nuts occasionally. Haha. After work Britt and Stef came over for our Bible study. It was a truly blessed time, and the presence of the Lord came and filled the room in a wonderfully peaceful way.
I thank you for your prayers. Don't stop! There is much yet to be accomplished.
Bless the Lord, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His holy name! Bless the LORD, O my soul, And forget not all His benefits; Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases, Who redeems your life from destruction, Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies, Who satisfies your mouth with good things, So that your youth is renewed like the eagles.
Psalm 103,1-5
2 comments:
DID I MISS YOUR BIRTHDAY?! I am deeply grieved:( I'm sorry. I'm glad it was so wonderful but I am so sad I missed it:( Please forgive me! I love you Ruth!
Ruth! I didn't forget your birthday, I promise! There is a card coming to you in the mail - it is on it's way! I sent it Monday, so it'll be there in, like, 3 months. :P I meant to shoot you an e-mail, but classes have been absolutely INSANE this week!! Please understand! I am so sorry I forgot to send you the e-mail! :( I love you lots and lots!
Post a Comment