The Korean Staple
The Art of Using My Rice Cooker

Rice. With everything. In everything. Bibimbap, kimbap, budae-jjiggae, doenjang-jjiggae, bulgogi, galbi... and the list goes on. And you know what? I think when I go home, I'm going to miss it almost as much as Koreans do when they go abroad. Oh, by the way, in the above picture the little rectangular thing in front of my rice bowl is seaweed. I love it.
The Art of Using My Rice Cooker
- Spoon however many cups of rice you plan on eating in the next few days into your rice cooker.
- Wash the rice in water several times; until the water is no longer cloudy. (Did you know that many Koreans use rice water to wash their faces? Apparently it is very good for the complexion.)
- Cover the rice with water so that when you put your hand over the rice, the water covers your fingers.
- Press the only button down and wait until the hot air pressure release goes off before opening up the lid. It usually takes ~30 minutes.
Ahhhh, I love how easy my rice cooker is.
2 comments:
all my asian friends were shocked and amazed that I ever made rice without a rice cooker and that I didn't even own one. They are wonderful:)
Thanks for your comments and encouragement as well. I love you so much and I know that even if most people do not keep in touch with me, you will be my true companion as I am in Hungary. What a blessing from God you are:)
Post a Comment