SPORTS DAY

Yesterday was Veteran's Day here in Korea, so we had the day off. Yessss! GEM had a 'field day' at an elementary school in Suji, and a bunch of people showed up. We got there bright and early at 9:30 and played until late in the afternoon.
Playing included getting team-colored T-shirts, learning the Korean World Cup dance (which I see being practiced everywhere), various 'field day' games, a catered outdoor lunch (Korean food, of course. I don't know why I was mentally geared for Western food?!) and a soccer match. After all the running in the heat, everyone was pretty pooped. Still, it was a lot of fun to see everybody from church in normal clothes, and to just hang out together. It was even more fun talking smack to Eddy before the soccer game, even though neither of us is really good. It made me miss my brothers!
Playing included getting team-colored T-shirts, learning the Korean World Cup dance (which I see being practiced everywhere), various 'field day' games, a catered outdoor lunch (Korean food, of course. I don't know why I was mentally geared for Western food?!) and a soccer match. After all the running in the heat, everyone was pretty pooped. Still, it was a lot of fun to see everybody from church in normal clothes, and to just hang out together. It was even more fun talking smack to Eddy before the soccer game, even though neither of us is really good. It made me miss my brothers!Afterwards Emily, Daniel, Eddy (Gisup), Joe (Sae-yoon) and I went to E-mart and bought dinner stuffs, and then we came back to my apartment and just had a great time together. Emily and I cooked while the boys talked, and then we ate together and laughed about silly things... nothing of consequence. Emily and I marveled at how being in such close contact with people from other languages and cultures brings us to the place of being content with conversations about little things; topics that would probably make others impatient. But of course, I know now more than ever that this is the realm in which I am the happiest. I love being with people from other countries.
1 comment:
Ruth,
let us know when you plan to travel home to the states.
love your blog and your korea picx are great!
love, auntie
Post a Comment