how many times 20 children (literally!) have piled out of that elevator and crashed through the glass doors into the school?! unlike businesses and stores in america, which often are 1-2 stories and have their own buildings, here in korea several businesses share the same building and even the same floor. i believe ERC is flanked on the right and left by other hogwans (private academies).
i administered a practice PELT test to my intermediate and advanced children last week. all of them passed! the test shows that they are weakest in vocabulary, however, so we are working to remedy that now.
my step 3 children and i are starting to read treasure island now. justin - one of my top students whose a real hoot - is begging for a chance to see pirates of the caribbean. i think we will have to soon. haha. tomorrow they are being quizzed on exciting words like 'rum,' 'sailor,' 'beggar,' 'seafaring,' and 'hanging.' what 13 year old boy wouldn't be stoked?! ha ha.
and here is an excerpt from justin's journal. i couldn't resist. he is bemoaning korea's loss to japan in their third game of the World Classic Baseball game, and blaming america. lol. don't we make such an easy scapegoat? on a serious note, though, koreans show RARE emotion when certain national sports comes on. it's refreshing to see some passion come out!
oh. we've had snow flurries the past few days. and azaleas are starting to bloom. WHAT?!?
i was encouraged last night by something mrs. kim told me. she no longer stresses out when one of my students' mothers calls; the reason: i almost always will have made a point to mention her child's progress the night before. and i don't go through each child's progress every day - only when that child is really strongly on my heart - so this is quite miraculous! mrs. kim and i stopped a moment to marvel at the Lord's amazing goodness in caring for His children- how He has led us on a straight path here at ERC and blessed the months i've been teaching. as my mom has said, all we can offer our Lord Jesus is the five loaves and two fish. with it He feeds the multitudes. Jesus, be pleased with our offering, i pray. it comes from our humble hands with love and thanks. all glory belongs to You.


2 comments:
I knew there wasd an entry I had failed to read and I found it. The end really hit me, when your mom was saying all we can do is give the Lord five loaves and two fish and with it He feeds the multitudes. Your mom is awesome. God is awesome...on a much more intense level.
Hi Ruth,
I just happen to come across your site through the pixel site. you have a great blogsite. I was in S. Korea several years back on business. Loved the country and the people. I'm an American. Graduated from UofL, Louisville, KY.
I live and work in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I'm with one of Canada's largest and oldest book publishers - position as Director of Special Markets and New Business Development.
I run a website called:
http://www.etailcanada.ca
It's an ONLINE SHOPPING MALL & DISCOUNT STORE DIRECTORY.
I have been getting a ton of emails from S. Korea - surfers inquiring about my site and wanting further information of my merchant partners.
I would really appreciate if you would be kind enough to pass my website around in that region.
Let's stay in touch and if there is anything i can do for you please don't hesitate.
Sincerely yours, Pommy Sagoo
www.etailcanada.ca
Post a Comment