i love smith wigglesworth's writings. such bluntness. such honesty. such truth. and from a man who started out as just a little plumber in England a century ago... but whose life God used in mighty ways. he was unafraid and so didn't mince words. perhaps that's why i like him!
and so i wanted to share with you the message i read for today.
and so i wanted to share with you the message i read for today.
The Scriptures do not tell two stories. They tell the truth. I want you to know the truth, and the truth will set you free. What is truth? Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life" (John 14,6). "He that believeth on me, as the Scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water" (John 7,38). This he [spoke] of the Spirit that should be given [to] them after he was glorified.
I do not find anything in the Bible but holiness, and nothing in the world but worldliness. Therefore, if I live in the world, I shall become worldly; but, on the other hand, if I live in the Bible, I shall become holy. This is the truth, and the truth will set you free.
The power of God can remodel you. He can make you hate sin and love righteousness. He can take away bitterness and hatred and covetousness and malice, and can so consecrate you by his power, through his blood, that you are made pure - every bit holy. Pure in mind, heart, and actions - pure right through...
Jesus is the best there is for you, and you can have him today if you do not know him as your Savior and Lord. God gave his Son for your sins, and for the sins of the whole world.
wow. let that settle for a bit. reread it. think about it. and may God do His thing in you. :)
loving and missing you all. ^.^
1 comment:
I love that line about REMODELING us...what a great way to put it! Thanks for sharing that!! Love you!
Post a Comment