from my students' journals:
"When I hated them I only thinked about the fiters in the war ... i wish that earth peace and Japan and Korea be friends"
"Argh my sister is so cruel She kicks me hits me with her elbow. Today I just poked her to make her laugh, but she elbowed me seventeen times. I was so mad that I kicked her, but she elbowed me ten times. I have a bruise now. Argh!"
these are the reasons why i teach.
jackie's an artist

my munchkins.

my little man, caleb.
- saw Le Hussard sur le toit (1995) this weekend. despite the mediocre ratings it got, i still loved it. olivier martinez certainly didn't make it any worse. :) as i told my mom, it has made me want to learn french. my first new word: avec "with" ... (from the credits watching the movie) amazing how it sticks with me. LOL. emily trimmed my hair, too, so i saved $15. saaaaweet.
- starting to pray and move in the direction of post-korea plans. please pray for me and that God would open the right doors.
- there is an older woman who i see every time i go work out, and we've begun smiling and acknowledging each other. i don't know her name or anything about her, but i think i like her very much. and of course, the trainer always smiles a huge smile and bows to every new person who comes in.
ok.. off to teach my children. my older ones had to write a journal entry on prejudice and discrimination, etc this weekend.... on friday we had a discussion on japanese - korean relations, so it made for a very good springboard for a written assignment. and today they've got a vocab quiz. let's hope we see some solid B and above grades. :)
okay. bye-bye!
1 comment:
learn french
come and teach them english
they (I should say we) are so bad in English...
That would be great!
Oups
Post a Comment