Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Peter:"Do you know how to spell 'a-fart-ment', Caleb?"
Caleb: "No! Do you know how to spell 'drowning'?"
so this week it has been slightly challenging to get into work mode. i confessed to the ladies tonight over bi-bim-bop (a delicious mixture of rice and vegetables) that i have been in "let's have fun" mode recently. needless to say, the other teachers were slightly less enthusiastic... gina is always tired, cindy barely utters a peep, hannah laughs but doesn't join in, jennie and mrs. jung are on a diet, mrs. kim and our secretary are always running around answering phone calls etc... and so it seems my only constant partner in adventure and crime is esther. we've stayed at ERC to watch movies the past three nights and haven't gotten home until b/w 12 and 1AM. tonight our splurge was cookies 'n cream ice cream...

"who ate all that?!"
"i don't know! not me!"

things are changing with my classes as of this week and next. my little kids have been condensed into one class- during my 2nd block. i will start teaching a new intermediate (aka "prep") class during my 3rd block, and my 4th block will remain step 3 for the top students in ERC. those who have been struggling in my step 3 class will move to 3rd block. during my free hours i am thinking about and planning for this new class. so i will now have as follows:
1st BLOCK: FREE for planning, journal-grading
2nd BLOCK: little ones (wendy, peter, caleb, danny, cara, john, heidi, and tony)
3rd BLOCK: PREP class (jackie, alex, jason* ... a few others)
4th BLOCK: Step 3 (annie, justin, sehwan, phil, gabriella)
* yes, jason is moving back into my class! lol. my initial reaction was 'NO! NO!' but i've been grading his journal, and he has improved a lot. so we'll see.
george müller and amy carmichael are my heroes.
thinking deep thoughts, eating ice cream and digets (my new favorite korean snack), and working out at the YMCA... woohoo. :) write, my friends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love George Muller!
His stuff has impacted me in such a deep way, I don’t think I even understand it. I have read most of his books and have been so encouraged by his personal walk with Jesus. He was something special.

I am a musician and GM has inspired many of my songs. I would be honored if you would check out my music on my site. All my music is free for download. Anyway, I just thought that I’d share.

Thanks,
-Sean
________________________
www.SeanDietrich.com
“All my music is free for download.”