Ruth's Vacation from Teaching Commences...
For 5 days. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! I do believe I hear the Hallelujah chorus in the background....
Tomorrow Mrs. Kim, Hannah, and I are going to visit the Yeongtong branch of ERC. That means I will get to observe a class or two of Lauren's (yay!). Mrs. Kim also mentioned a special 'galbi' dinner. Sounds marvelous. More Korean delicacies. Wooohooo. I'm sure you can hear the excitement in my voice.
I had a really great Christmas weekend, by the way. Dave and Winnie hosted Lauren and me for Christmas Eve dinner, a movie, a sleepover, and after church on Christmas Day for lunch, the 2nd half of Ben-Hur on TV, a much-needed nap, and the most scrumptious dinner. I am so thankful for their overwhelming love and support. They are now off to Mongolia for a week and half with their son Marvin and his girlfriend. How cool is that? Mongolia.....
And to you all: thank you all for your packages, emails, and cards. I love them so much and have read them over and over again. They have meant a great deal to me, especially with the difficulties of last week. I was feeling so guilty that I didn't send out presents or cards, but I realized that I was so incredibly overwhelmed... that I would have to content myself with the consistency of my blog being my gift to you all. It requires a fair amount of time, and while I love to do it, I feel it is the best way I can show you I love you... by allowing you a snapshot of my world here in Korea.
Oh yes... skype, anyone? It's free. Let me know if you want to talk.
Did i mention it's free? ^-^
2 comments:
I love you friend. And I wanted you to know I was reading your blog (where you pour your heart out to us!) and thinking of you!
hi. it's me fatih. the skype guy. i would love to talk too but i never saw you online. and i know there is a quite time difeernce between turkey and south korea. but as far as i see you are quite busy. i hope one day i will catch you on the net. see you soon. bye
Post a Comment