I have to race off to school in just a second, but noteworthy events have happened!
Mrs. Kim gave me W100,000 to buy Christmas decorations, so I went to Lotte Mart yesterday morning after my workout at the Y and bought a small-medium sized artificial tree and a few decorations. Christmas is not a big deal in Korea, so it is hard to find a big selection. Anyway, I took everything to school and the teachers joined me in the mini decorating. Quickly we saw that I didn't buy enough. A second trip is in order.
This morning I had my second tutoring session. "Session" sounds like such a dreadfully dull experience, but actually I have been loving it. My tutor is a woman, whose English name is Nancy. She is, I'm guessing, around 50 years old... and when she told me that she had lived in Frankfurt, Germany for 5 years with her husband and two sons (b/c of her husband's business), I knew she was handpicked by the Lord for me. :) I have really enjoyed spending time with her, and I think she with me. We go to the Suji Jiguchon church (the Suji branch of the church I attend in Migeum) and study in the church cafe. Afterwards, both last Thursday and today we have gone to Emart and done some shopping. It's been great fun! She has no daughters and I think has already begun to see me as a sort of daughter. :)More later.... gotta run!
1 comment:
yay:) God is so good.
Post a Comment