Wednesday, December 11, 2013

God's Faithfulness


Thirteen years ago I filled out my application to attend the College of William & Mary in beautiful Williamsburg, Virginia. At the time I was a high school senior, and I wasn't really sure how I was going to cover the cost of school. Since college was the natural next step, the only feasible way for me to go was to take out student loans. I also applied for scholarships - scholarships that would cover the full cost of school should I win them.

In the end, my college application process went smoothly. I filled out one application, early decision and submitted it in November. One month later I received my acceptance package. I was going to William & Mary!

A few months later the news arrived that I was the runner-up in both large scholarships. I confess I cried. It was a disappointment, and it meant that my mom and I would be filling out the FAFSA form for loans. It looked as though the Lord was going to provide for college for me in another way.

This month, I just paid my student loans all off. 

And I can say joyfully that God has been faithful. While I would have picked another way for school to be paid for, God has always provided a way for me to pay my loans on time.

God is so good, and I want to take the time to praise Him!

You are my God, and I will give 
thanks to You; 
You are my God, I will extol You. 
O give thanks to the LORD, for He 
is good, 
for His steadfast love endures 
forever. 
- Psalm 118:28-29

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thats great! Can't wait til that day comes for Sarah and I!

Jenny said...

HUGE congratulations! That is a huge accomplishment!! We saved as much as we could in SK to pay mine, and still have a WWAAYYYSS to go with Marc's. We'll get there! On to the next part of the journey for you!!! Love you.