BONNIE!
The longer I live, the more I realize that true friendships are rare. They're not as rare as I thought they were when I was younger, but they are nonetheless rare and to be treasured. This summer marked a big milestone in one of my friendships. I met Bonnie my freshman year at William & Mary. It was 2001, and we both lived in Barrett - the all-girls freshman dorm.
During the course of the 3 1/2 years I spent at WM, my relationship with Bonnie grew exponentially, and I can honestly say she is one of my dearest friends. We have maintained that friendship through my time in Korea, my getting married, her moving to Santa Barbara to start her PhD program at UC-Santa Barbara in Economics, and all the life that happens in your twenties post-college.
The most remarkable part of our friendship is that we haven't seen each other since August 2006. It's been five years... and when Bonnie came to visit Jody and me, it was like no time had passed. She is the same dear, dear friend whom I love and treasure. I am so thankful for her and so proud of her! Bonnie, thank you for coming to visit us, and I'm so glad you finally got to meet Jody!
We played Settlers of Catan (and I won BOTH TIMES! Heh heh!), and Bonnie made the most amazing key lime pie for Jody for his birthday. It was awesome. Bonnie, you ROCK!
We celebrated Jody's birthday (and gave Bonnie a glimpse of the beautiful Rocky Mountains) by going on a hike. I loved showing her the beautiful aspens!
We had to get a group shot!
So this is what a 10 year friendship looks like. I love you, Bonnie. Thanks for being my friend.




1 comment:
I still remember you girls as freshmen! Life has changed so much since then...
Post a Comment