Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Tonight as I walked back to my apartment, the streets of Suji were almost completely empty. All the clothes at the corner clothing shop had been taken inside, and the store was dark. Taxis continued to race down the main street, some stopping at the red light, some not. The crosswalk lights continued to blink red and then green, the arrows going down and down. And the yellow lights near the New York Hot Dog place were still blinking, though no traffic was coming.


I saw two men sitting on a bench right near that hot dog restaurant. They looked like they were relaxing, enjoying some music on an iPod and smoking. Seeing that I was a foreigner, one of them waved to me - as I continued walking - and asked me, "Eodi gyo? (Where are you going?)"

To which I replied, "Home."

I fly out of Seoul Thursday morning. Please pray for the Lord to help me get to the airport and make all my flights (Seoul-Tokyo-Chicago-Richmond), especially with the heightened flight security.

I praise Him that I have successfully completed the 1 year contract. May He bless the next 7 months with even more fruit. To Him be all the glory.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

COME HOMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
:) :) ~ just writing to say i miss you like CRAZY, i think everyday of our soon to be hiking adventure, and most of all I can't wait for the chance to see you IN PERSON and give you a FREAKING HUG!! :)
love you so much ~
Bon