Captain Jack is back!
'oh, bugger!'
Yesterday I took three of my step 3 children to see Pirates of the Caribbean 2. It definitely left us all in eager anticipation for the 3rd installment! Overall, I would say that the storyline and plot development was very different from the first... and yet it made an impression on me as an excellent, well-made movie. I highly recommend it!
Then last night I went out for galbi (pork barbecue, where you all sit on the floor, etc.) with two sweet couples who I've met through church: Grace and Ian, and Roverly and Rush. Grace and Roverly are both Filipina young ladies who taught English back in the Philippines, and both their husbands (Koreans), were English students at their school! I couldn't help but marvel at the wonderful diversity around the table - with Filipinas, Koreans, and an American. All of us live here in Suji, and I hope we can develop deeper friendships.
Thoughts on my devotional...
I am still reading through E.M. Bounds classic collection of Prayer, and LOVING it. An excerpt from a recent devotion:
The good or evil of trouble is always determined by the spirit in which it is received. Trouble proves a blessing or a curse depending on how it is received and treated by us. It either softens or hardens us. It either draws us to prayer and to God, or it drives us from God and and from the [prayer] closet.Trouble hardened Pharaoh till finally it had no effect on him, only to make him more desperate and to drive him further from God. The same sun that softens wax- hardens clay. The same sun that melts the ice - dries the moisture from the earth."Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him: I will set him on high, because he has known My Name. He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him."Psalm 91,14-15
1 comment:
I miss you girl. I need to catch up on your page. I just got back from 2 weeks of training. Also, what have you decided about supporting me? I hope you are doing well. Love you so much!
Post a Comment