Wednesday, July 05, 2006

...randomness...
There is nothing that embodies Korea more than their essential sidedish called 'kimchi'. It is neither pleasing to the eye nor delightful to the tastebuds (initially, at least). To put it bluntly, it is cabbage- fermented with salt, kimchi sauce (which contains some sort of fish paste), and chili powder... and squished together. I found the above picture in the subway, and I couldn't resist taking a picture. Gotta love the Korean patriotism.
This picture was taken at City Hall - a week after this same place was flooded with Red Devil fans, supporting the Korean football team in the World Cup. And, oh friends, you should hear the complaints in my students' journals about the unfair call of the referee (or shall I say, the lack of a call) on the Swiss player's hand foul. In any case, if you look closely you can see an older man on a pink moped. The effort I took to stealthily grab this shot was solely for the pink moped. ^^

This weekend's visit to a Seoul Art Museum for a Picasso Exhibition... Picasso isn't my favorite artist, I'll admit, but it was still quite nice to see his works.I fear I am ill-qualified to fully comprehend or explain the various mysteries of such creations fashioned in the name of "art" ... If you have such wisdom, please enlighten me.
Thea flies out for Germany tomorrow. Please pray for safe travel.
A great post on Korean food (with pictures) http://thea-in-korea.blogspot.com/2006/07/koreanisches-essen-am-samstag-hat-mich.html.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

slovakia was amazing. wish you coulda been there. they need Jesus. i want to live there. are you going to move, too? i blogged about my experience there and there's at least one more blog to go, so check back for updates. i hope you're great my random blog friend!