the woes of teaching
my poor poor step 3 kids. today we started the lion, the witch, and the wardrobe. they have 8 pages of study questions and 6 pages of vocabulary words. it only took me 7+ hours to write up.
guess what i say to them now on a regular basis... as soon as the moans and groans begin?
"you may hate me now, but you'll thank me later."
is that what all teachers and authority figures say?
and for some reason, these kids can't seem to handle one journal entry a week, due every monday. i give them a day of grace, and they STILL can't seem to handle it. lol. and today i told jason every time i hear korean out of his mouth from now on, i'm lowering his grade a letter.
ok, you can say it. i'm a cruel teacher.
but i also showed them "The Muffin Tree" - discovered freshman year, when we (of course) had no time to waste online - http://www.muffinfilms.com/tree.html. i expect to see phil and sehwan reenacting it in the course of the next few days.
2 comments:
intense Ruth! whew! They can do it though:)
The muffin tree is incredible!!! I loved that when I had time to kill..so funny!
So what if I told you I think I might be returning to Mexico--shhh..it's still a secret (said in strong whisper)??
Post a Comment