
Esther just told me I look like a cherry blossom...
I was thinking more along the lines of 'frumpled' and 'happy'.
- It's 60 degrees and sunny. Wouldn't a field trip to Baskin Robbins be nice?
- My room is now being used during the 3:00-4:20 class.
- It's movie night tonight for Step 3. The prospect of a "party" was the only thing keeping them going during last night's class.
- Now that the Dr. Hwang Woo-suk faking stem cell fiasco has died down, other things have been in the news...
- The United States has officially recognized Dokdo Island (long considered to be Korean in their own eyes) as belonging to the Japanese. Ooh, that's gotta hurt.
- Steelers player and Superbowl MVP Hines Ward is currently in Korea. Everybody is celebrating him as a hero. Strange to me, since American football is basically a footnote amongst other Korean sports. Still, his multi-racial background opens up discussion in this most-homogeneous nation. I hear the numbers of inter-racial marriages is rapidly increasing.
- Lee Seung-yeop, the Korean "power slugger" who signed on with the Yomiuri Giants, a Japanese central league team, is looking stateside....
2 comments:
Ruth....I'll try your comment post....I'm just learning how to blog....I hope to post many photos and cartoons that I have created over the years.
Well back in my navy days I did get to Japan,Hong Kong etc.
Keep up the good work!
Ruth....it's great to see you doing such good work way on the other side of the world from Santa Cruz CA. Great photos of you!
Post a Comment