BIG SECRETS.... and eyebrow-raising
when i was younger my dad would ask us kids if we wanted to go somewhere fun. always ready for adventure, we'd jump up and down and beg him, "yes, yes! oh, daddy, daddy, where are we going?!?!" dad would laugh his great big laugh and say, "i can't tell you. it's a BIIIIIG SECRET!!" and of course, we would moan and groan in eager anticipation of our destination.
and then we'd go to the gas station.
as you can see, i'm scarred for life. lol. so now, when my kids ask me what we're going to do, guess what i tell them?
"oh, i can't tell you. it's a BIIIIIG SECRET!"
and then, guess what they do? (just like my dad, by the way), they pretend to cry loudly and pat their (bald) heads. LOOOL.
my little ones have also seen the numa numa dance (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/206373 - click on WATCH THIS MOVIE and then i think it's best to watch it without subtitles).
after watching it today caleb calls out to me, "miss ruth! miss ruth!! look!!"
i look over at him, and then he raises one eyebrow. just like that. cool as a cucumber, my 7 year old caleb.
what will they do next?!
have spent more time during the week with friends brittany and stefanie from church, who also work and live in suji. what an answer to prayer for the loneliness i have experienced the last 8 months. thank You, Lord. brittany is my working-out buddy in the mornings. last night we watched the phantom of the opera at their place, and it reminded me of watching the move in the byrd theater in richmond - complete with the chandelier and old opera feel to it!
tomorrow is myeongdong shopping with emily, thea, and hopefully nahamm. yay for die chance mehr deutsch zu sprechen. :) why the visions of shoes?? doh!
goodnight!
3 comments:
what is the numa numa dance???
you're wonderful:)
Ruth, You dont know me. But, Your friend Lisa (whom I dont know...lol) Is a friend of my friend Kevin..I don't know if you know Kevin. So, I stumbled upon Lisa's blog...through Kevin's blog and then into yours( just wanted to let you know how I came about your blog) Anyhow, some of your blog entries crack me up. I'm Indi by the way. When I was getting ready to graduate I was looking into teaching in South Korea.
Post a Comment