Random, But Cool
Something random but cool happened last week. So I was sitting at my computer updating my blog when I got this IM (that's AOL Instant Message for you guys who have no clue about chat lingo). The person said, "Hi, I know this is probably weird, but I just read your blog and it's really encouraging." I was thinking, "Whoah? Who are you and where did you get my screenname?" Turns out there is a girl in North Carolina who happened upon my blog. We chatted online for a bit and found out that we'd both been in Slovakia last summer and both of us have a heart for missions. How cool is that?
Something random but cool happened last week. So I was sitting at my computer updating my blog when I got this IM (that's AOL Instant Message for you guys who have no clue about chat lingo). The person said, "Hi, I know this is probably weird, but I just read your blog and it's really encouraging." I was thinking, "Whoah? Who are you and where did you get my screenname?" Turns out there is a girl in North Carolina who happened upon my blog. We chatted online for a bit and found out that we'd both been in Slovakia last summer and both of us have a heart for missions. How cool is that?
In other news: Mrs. Kim asked me yesterday if I would start up a new class at the 3 o'clock hour, beginning next Monday. The past two weeks I have not had a first class, so that 80 minute time slot is available. Right now there are only 2 students, but Mrs. Kim said that the children (a boy and a girl) are extremely smart and so have had a hard time staying in English classes for their own age. Apparently the work level for their age is too easy for them, so they get bored quickly. I told her I'd be willing to give it a shot, so next week is a trial run. I have no set curriculum and no idea what we'll be doing, but Mrs. Kim said that if ERC does not have the books or materials necessary to meet their needs, we can go to Little Johns - the English bookstore in Suwon - next weekend. I seem to be getting blessed with some of the most capable students that Suji has to offer. God is answering prayers!
I have also decided to join a gym. Actually, I have already decided, and I've been going the past two mornings! It is a YMCA about 2 minutes away - just across the busy street from my apartment complex - and I have only joined the workout area of the gym since I really only want to use the bike, treadmill and weights anyway. When the weather started getting colder, I realized that neither biking nor running fast in the cold air was wise if I wanted to stay healthy. I do not regret my purchase of the bike, however. I have used it a fair amount already (despite getting sick and having to stay inside a lot), and it makes any semi-lengthy trip (i.e. grocery shopping and lugging everything back) a good deal less laborious. I am excited and thankful for the opportunity to stay in shape. And while most of the people in the workout room are women, I did see one or two Korean guys who are actually bigger and stronger than me. LOL. My faith is restored.
CURRENTLY READING: Charles Finney's Greatest Sermons and The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom
1 comment:
Yay! I made it on your blog! Thanks Ruth! It is so fun that God allowed me to find your blog. Keep serving the Lord! Dobre den!
Post a Comment