
Last Monday was such a wonderful day. It was Jody's birthday, and since the temperature here in Denver was over 100° and the fires all over Colorado had cast a heavy, cloudy, gritty haze over the city, we decided it would be wonderful to go rest in a safe part of the mountains. As Jody said, he wanted to ease gracefully into old age. Ha!
We decided on Pine Valley Ranch, near Pine, CO. Very family-friendly with all kinds of amenities we're not used to when backpacking, the Open Space was great for a low-key afternoon! Bathrooms, picnic benches, trash cans, clearly marked pathways. Almost luxury!
We found a spot out of the intense heat (even in the mountains it was around 90) under some huge pines and next to a cool, rushing river. We 'tethered' the pups and hung our hammocks up. It was awesome. We read, slept and just listened to the sound of the water. The pups behaved fairly well, too. Since the flies were pretty bad low to the ground, I felt so badly for them and brought them up to be with me in my hammock. I think they were so relieved to be away from the flies that they slept and lounged in my lap pretty contentedly most of the afternoon after that. I was so proud of them!


Since going out to eat is a pretty special occasion in Jo's world, he decided he wanted to celebrate his birthday in true Texas style. And so, after heading home and cleaning up a bit, to Texas Roadhouse we went! In the car, I mentioned the fact that it was so strange that the boots he won in the February Anderson Bean "Bean My Valentine" boot contest had not arrived yet... though it had been four months and my free boots had arrived several months ago. I told Jo I might call AB and see if something had happened. So, after dinner we came home and, lo and behold... what was on our porch?
Jody's FREE BOOTS!
 |
| So excited! |
 |
| Perfect timing, Anderson Bean! |
 |
| Smelling that wonderful leather smell |
 |
| Had to get the full shot. :) |
 |
| Our FREE and beautiful boots! |
Many of you asked for a picture of our contest prizes, so I wanted to oblige you. While I make no claim to being a cowgirl, it was so much fun to win the contest with everyone's help. Thank you, to everyone who made this possible!
And it really was the perfect end to Jody's birthday. Happy Birthday, my love!
No comments:
Post a Comment