Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Anticipation

I love anticipation. The tingling in my stomach that comes with the knowledge of something GOOD coming. And there are three wonderful events that are, Lord willing, going to happen before 2012 arrives. They are the rope I'm hanging on to.
  • We are going to visit Jody's family for Thanksgiving. Since we first got back from Korea in 2008, Jody and I have not been able to spend Thanksgiving together (with one another with one side of our families). But this Thanksgiving, we're making the trek down to the Panhandle to spend the Thanksgiving holidays with the Been side of the fam. I'm beyond thrilled. I am anticipating the good times and memories made. 

It won't ever be the same again, but still looking forward to time with the fam.
Maybe "help" Pam in the kitchen!

And see that beautiful Texas sky!
  • Jody graduates in 8 weeks. Yes, 8 weeks. Every Monday I write on my calendar one number less. It builds anticipation and puts a song in my heart to carry through the week. Somehow, I can handle anything, knowing that he will be finished in just a few short months. God has been good and faithful, and I am looking forward to celebrating His faithfulness when this is over. The graduation ceremony is Monday, December 12th. It'll be a small ceremony in the seminary, for which I am very thankful. No need for a big May graduation ceremony at Southeast... I am content that we will be done!
Denver Seminary campus
  • After graduation (yay!), we are heading to Virginia. YES! Jody, Eu-mi and I are flying back to Virginia to spend two whole stinkin' weeks with my family. I am on cloud 9. Jody has not seen my family since we first landed in America in 2008 from Korea. Three years. A lot has happened in three years. I am most excited for him to see Rebekah and Bryan's kids. He hasn't even met Jane, our youngest niece, and she's 2 years old (well, she will be next Tuesday)! I just can't wait to see 'em all! The best part of this is the timing. We will be flying out December 19th and returning to CO on January 3rd. That will give us 2 solid weeks over Christmas break to spend with the family. We will be guaranteed quality time with family, and maybe even some good friends. We'll see. So thankful for the chance that we'll have to spend Christmas with my family. I haven't had this privilege since the Christmas I graduated in 2004. That's 7 years!
See my parents!

Maybe hang out with some lovely ladies!

And see my  nieces and nephews!

1 comment:

beautiful feet said...

Ruth, that's amazing!!! I'm so excited that you guys have these opportunities! YAH!!!! :D