Monday, June 28, 2010

Father's Day Picnic

The summer is flying by. I'm trying to catch my breath and actually enjoy the season amidst it all. Last weekend was Father's Day. According to Jody, Father's Day isn't nearly as important to men as Mother's Day is to women, so it didn't seem to be a big deal. Nonetheless, it is a noteworthy holiday, and I wanted to stop for a moment and thank both my Heavenly Father and my earthly father for their incredible kindness towards me. God has indeed been good to me. I was so sad, too, because I could not be present to hug my dad and tell him I love him and how very much I appreciate his hard and faithful work to provide for my family.

I also wanted to highlight a few pictures from our church's Father's Day picnic. We went to Centennial Park and just chilled together following church. The weather was perfect - a bit cloudy and just the right temperature, and there were games to play, lots of food to eat, and more than enough people to chat and catch up with!













See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us,
that we would be called children of God;
and such we are!

1 John 3,1

Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there... may God give you the strength to lead your children in godliness and truth.

* pictures taken by suzanne vogel

No comments: