entry from a few years ago... haha...
Monday, September 18, 2006
So a little over a week ago I returned to Korea after spending two weeks at home. It was a marvelous trip in all, and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing family and friends and just being back in the good ol' US of A.
Whoever says that America sucks has probably not spent a year in Korea.
Now, when I say this, I mean it with no animosity towards Korea. I have met some amazing people here, and they have showered me with kindness and generosity. God has indeed been good to me here. He has taught me a lot about what it means to live overseas, and to operate in a country where I cannot speak the language, and where I stand out like a sore thumb. And even where (in their eyes) I am on the same level as Brooke Shields.
However, there are enough cultural differences to show you that you are not in Kansas anymore, and even though you have met Tinman and all sorts of wonderful people along the way, in the end, there really is no place like home.
And so now I am commencing on month 13 (of 18.5), and I am seeking God's plans for me in the next 6 months and what I'll be doing post-Korea... Prayers are appreciated!
1 comment:
it is amazing to see how the Lord really was directing you to stay, and you were faithful to His call - even when it wasn't your first choice! How He has blessed your life because of your faithfulness!
Post a Comment