- steve, my boss, heads to burma on saturday and will be gone for a week. i am curious to hear what his thoughts are about the country when he gets back.
- my friend stefanie is booking her ticket to come visit us in april. i miss stefanie. i'm excited to see her.
- eu-mi was spastic last night, when sam and britt brought rustie over. i think being cooped up inside made her go crazy. intense dislike for her lack of restraint.
- i'm fighting a cold. tired. eyes hurt. draining. must not lose my voice.
- have decided that maybe colorado is not good for me. or maybe it's just winter weather. hard to fight discouragement and depression when it's always grey, gloomy and cold outside.
- i have this dashboard jesus sitting on my desk... won it in a white elephant gift exchange. it's slightly sacreligious but OH so funny. haven't gotten the courage to put it anywhere, though. what would you recommend?? :)
- i am not a good event coordinator. i hate major planning and volunteer/detail coordination. it stresses me so much my stomach shakes and gets sick. *sigh*
- jody made the most wonderful stew dinner last night. i am continually amazed by his brilliant and creative cooking skills. i praise God for him.
- it snowed last night, but i decided to wear my black flats to work anyway. that meant i was running around my car scraping and sweeping snow off my car... all the while the freezing cold snow was getting in my shoes and freezing my toes (thankfully it was only a couple of inches deep). i just didn't care. lol.
- been meditating on this verse from lamentations: "I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope; Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." lamentations 3, 19-24
Friday, February 19, 2010
random thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Be encouraged, Ruth! I get tired of winter weather, but I love noticing how it gets a bit lighter each day. I love how the coming of light/summer corresponds with the coming of Easter.
Post a Comment