Wednesday, May 16, 2007

a decision reached


this afternoon mrs. kim and i went to ajou university hospital in suwon for a voice test. a kind nurse walked me through various voice exercises (with excellent english, by the way) and said i laughed a lot. she asked if she was funny. i said, 'no. it's just these tests are funny.' which they are.

in the end, the doctor put a question before me. he said that the inflammation previously seen in my throat/larynx is lessening, but as of now they don't see any serious problem. if i wished, i could remain in korea for further medication and speech therapy.

i have spent much time alone in the past 6 weeks and yesterday i felt that i needed to go home irregardless of what the doctor said today. so that's what i told him. i told him i needed to go home. so i am.

mrs. kim is looking for flights right now. it will probably be the week of may 28th. already i am mentally going through what i will take with me, keep here or just throw away. thankfully, i haven't accumulated much in korea, and much of what i have has the temporal feel. it keeps me from getting too attached to it all.


honestly, i feel that going home is the right thing to do, but i have mixed feelings about it all. being home will make some things easier, but other things more complicated.
right now i am thinking about what graham cooke says on the character of God. 'you cannot find your security in what God is doing. you can only find security in who God is. He never changes, but He's always unpredictable.' His character is constant and unchanging, but He's always up to something good and often doesn't clue us in on it until we need to... He keeps us on our toes!

so i remind myself of His character... He is GOOD. He's good. He's good. and He never changes.
this I recall to my mind, therefore I have hope.
the LORD'S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, for His compassions never fail.
they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.
"the LORD is my portion," says my soul, "therefore i have hope in Him."
the LORD is good to those who wait for Him, to the person who seeks Him.
it is good that he waits silently for the salvation of the LORD.
lamentations 3,21-26

2 comments:

Lisa said...

The Lord IS so good. I don't know why but your entry made me cry a little. I think it's because it's so true. God never changes and He is always good. I love you so much and I want to talk to you. Is there a number I can reach you at? I am so excited you will be home when I get home!!! I want to see you soon after I get home! You will have to meet David as well:) I get home June 15th and he is coming to visit June 18-20. I love you!

Unknown said...

reading your blog gave me so much peace...i somehow had the sense that god would bring you home. i'll continue to be praying for you (safe travel, packing, adjusting, plans, etc.) let me know if there's anything i can do for you when you get here! see you then!! ;)