Friday, May 11, 2007

...waiting on God...
"I wait for the Lord, my soul waits
And in His word I do hope.
My soul waits for the Lord
More than those who watch for the morning -
Yes, more than those who watch for the morning."
- Psalm 130, 6

"Surely I have calmed and quieted my soul,
Like a weaned child with his mother;
Like a weaned child is my soul within me."
- Psalm 131,2

the past few weeks have been a true test in waiting. i feel like i am learning about it in ways i did not know before. i feel like a beginner. did i ever know what patience was like before? did i feel like i'd finally arrived and didn't need to be tested? ha!

the voice test date is wednesday, not monday. if the doctors do not find anything, mrs kim said she is fairly sure that i should return home. i may be returning to america as soon as 2-3 weeks.

i don't know how i feel about that. i'm not sure i'm mentally prepared to be back in america. ha!

but i have been waiting here for over a month for something to happen. for some answer or direction to become apparent. and the longer that i am here in korea - not teaching, not recovering my voice - the more sure i am that this season in korea is probably coming to a close.

but i am still waiting. and trying not to go crazy with it all. trying to rest in the Lord. maybe soon i can stop trying and just rest.

i'm tired. maybe i'll be like that child that squirms and thrashes in her exhaustion (yes, wearing her mother out completely in the process) until finally that exhaustion completely overtakes her and she goes limp.

thanks for the love and support, friends. i'm hanging in there.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I know what you mean about feeling like a "beginner." I was on this discipline stint a few weeks ago, working on restoring order to various parts of my life. I was feeling pretty good with my new bedtime, to-do lists, etc. Then POOF it all disappeared and I'm back to going to bed at 2 and not doing the dishes or making my bed. Back to square one. How do I not know these things?

Anonymous said...

ruthie!
I hear you'll be home soon ! I'm sorry you've been sick, but it will be great to see you again when I'm up in "tha woods" :)
hang in there, beautiful, and we'll have some hot tea and chill. all is well here, tho, too quiet these days. See you soon!
love you, auntie conway