the Lord God the Almighty,
who was and is and is to come." - Revelation 4,8b
Thank you to everyone who prayed for me to get better. The tonsilitis was quite a shock to my system, but I am thankful that it came at a time when I was able to rest, and I am doing so much better! The past week is the big holiday time for Koreans, Chuseok - Thanksgiving - so with the holiday time already given, I only needed to ask for Monday as a sick-day.
There is a shortage of English reading material here in Korea, and so today I was reading a novel that I had bought for a few dollars in Seoul. In reading it, I could not help but marveling at the wonderful life that is found in Jesus Christ... and I have found it. I realized my heart was weeping for those who do not know what life - TRUE LIFE - is, but instead those whose lives are bound by selfishness, darkness, and pain. In one ugly word, sin.
I cannot help but remember the parable Jesus spoke of the man who found the treasure in a field, and after hiding it went and sold everything and bought that field. Is not a relationship with our Father in heaven, purchased so sacrificially through His Son at Calvary, worth such a price - all that I have or am? And, the paradox that comes in giving up my rights! To repenting of my hypocrisy and selfishness and pride... to trading it in for a heart that is soft in the Potter's hands. To be used of Him. To be loved of Him. To be known and treasured by Him. To spend eternity worshiping at His feet.
There is a shortage of English reading material here in Korea, and so today I was reading a novel that I had bought for a few dollars in Seoul. In reading it, I could not help but marveling at the wonderful life that is found in Jesus Christ... and I have found it. I realized my heart was weeping for those who do not know what life - TRUE LIFE - is, but instead those whose lives are bound by selfishness, darkness, and pain. In one ugly word, sin.
I cannot help but remember the parable Jesus spoke of the man who found the treasure in a field, and after hiding it went and sold everything and bought that field. Is not a relationship with our Father in heaven, purchased so sacrificially through His Son at Calvary, worth such a price - all that I have or am? And, the paradox that comes in giving up my rights! To repenting of my hypocrisy and selfishness and pride... to trading it in for a heart that is soft in the Potter's hands. To be used of Him. To be loved of Him. To be known and treasured by Him. To spend eternity worshiping at His feet.
As I live in Korea, I see it is the first "mission field" to which God called me, though it is not where I would have picked or even imagined. But no matter where He has me, I see the Lord calling me back daily to His feet, to remind me that He is my treasure, He is my lifesource. And the invitation I gave Him to be Lord of my life invited His Presence into my life in a way that makes me different.... not because I'm great, but because He is in me.
2 comments:
Ruth!
I keep missing you on Skype and Gmail chat!! :( I'm sorry! I love you lots and miss you!! I'm glad you're feeling better!!! Send me an e-mail - you said you had good news, and I want to know what it is!! :) Love you!
P.S. If you see any mushroom clouds, I recommend that you run away. :P I hope you're doing well despite Kim Jung Il's insanity! :) Love you!
Post a Comment