Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Joyful Church
i also wanted to enclose a picture of some of the new people God has put in my life. after much prayer, i have felt the Lord leading me to a new church that, translated, is called 'Joyful Church'. it is actually a Korean church, but they offer English translation at their 2pm service. there are between 5 and 10 internationals who come, and they make room in the back for us to sit and listen to the translated message through little headphones. i am anticipating wonderful growth in the Lord, as the church is full of faith and the Spirit, and the pastor preaches the uncompromising Word of God. he is unafraid to address head-on the issues of sin, spiritual warfare, holiness, and the difference between living in the flesh and in the Spirit. all these are spiritual truths i know, but i am thankful for the opportunity to be under that teaching once again.

for my birthday a few weeks ago, the international group surprised me one night and brought over cake, some pears (in season right now in Korea), and a big container of German fruchtbonbons (fruit candies). it was rather amazing, because i had given a much smaller glass container of those same bonbons to my german friend thea while she was here. i had seen that they were made in germany and so thought she would really enjoy them. so when i received those same german bonbons (only more and bigger), the Lord promised me great fruit in what i pour out for the germans.

i guess this is also as good as time as any to say that the Lord has answered a prayer of confirmation in my life. i feel that He is indeed calling me to Germany. and while this probably does not come as a shock to most everyone who has known me for a long time, only now am i able to realize how long i had to keep my desires in check and fully submitted to the Lord. now i have greater freedom to dream... this is an exciting time of preparation and prayer, as i begin to see the Lord making things clear - things that have been simmering on the back burner for several years now.

please pray for me as i begin applying to missions agencies. the main one i am interested in is Operation Mobilization (OM). may the Lord continue to lead me by His Spirit.

Praise the Lord!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

That's so exciting!! I am so happy to have internet here and stay up to date on your life. I'm sorry we haven't had a real talk in awhile. I am so much busier here than I ever was last year and it's been an adjustment. I am just now about to leave school to go home and eat dinner (at 7:47pm). I am sending you a hug and all my love. The thought of possible not seeing you again for a really really long time make me so sad but it is just one of the side effects of serving the Lord here on earth. I am starting to want to cry thinking about the reality that I may not spend mcuh time with you (if we are forever in other countries) but I will get to spend eternity with you and I guess I should get used to grieving over lost earthly friendships (ours would not be lost though!) if I plan to be overseas for any length of time...and just living my life serving God anywhere I end up on earth. Well, I love you and I miss so much our weekly get togethers. I don't think I FULLY appreciated how precious they were at the time (although they were quite precious even then).

Anonymous said...

hooray!! more reason for me to visit germany...i can't wait to come and see you (especially now that i have summers free :)