/barret reunion/ 2006/
as you can see, i am still trying to filter through and post pictures from my time at home. an event i did not want to forget was the gathering of my small group Bible study girls and dear friends from William & Mary. lindsey and i graduated a semester early (dec 2004), but the rest of the girls finished with our class in may 2005. since i was coming home, my parents graciously opened up their home to allow the girls to crash for a night. even local richmonder, dear friend (encourager!) and fellow alum sarah lehman was able to make it.
we did nothing special, really - just caught up on what each of us had done in the year since graduation and shared the joys and struggles of what it's like to leave the euphoric bubble-like experience that college is and struggle to make sense of what the real world is supposed to look like. as courtney so hilariously said, "what do i do with all these gifts from God that i neither asked for, nor wanted?" for many of us, we could honestly say that it had been a rough year, but we were learning to trust God in the midst of it.
last week during one of my quiet times, the Lord took me to Psalm 81, a chapter He used to encourage my faith last fall. as i remember all of the girls' struggles, i look to the promises of the Lord. His Word never fails.we did nothing special, really - just caught up on what each of us had done in the year since graduation and shared the joys and struggles of what it's like to leave the euphoric bubble-like experience that college is and struggle to make sense of what the real world is supposed to look like. as courtney so hilariously said, "what do i do with all these gifts from God that i neither asked for, nor wanted?" for many of us, we could honestly say that it had been a rough year, but we were learning to trust God in the midst of it.
"You called in trouble, and I delivered you;
I answered you in the secret place of thunder;
I tested you at the waters of Meribah.
"Hear, O My people, and I will admonish you!
There shall be no foreign god among you;
Nor shall you worship any foreign god.
I am the LORD your God,
Who brought you out of the land of Egypt;
Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it."
Psalm 81, verses 7-10
I answered you in the secret place of thunder;
I tested you at the waters of Meribah.
"Hear, O My people, and I will admonish you!
There shall be no foreign god among you;
Nor shall you worship any foreign god.
I am the LORD your God,
Who brought you out of the land of Egypt;
Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it."
Psalm 81, verses 7-10
catching up around the dinner table
Older.. and wiser, eh? Five years later, Lindsey's still trying to pick my nose. ....
This is the website of one of my good friend's church: http://www.liquidchurch.com
Good sermons online. And for some laughs I highly recommend the iDate video on the September 28th post.
This is the website of one of my good friend's church: http://www.liquidchurch.com
Good sermons online. And for some laughs I highly recommend the iDate video on the September 28th post.

2 comments:
we're so pretty!
that iDate video is hilarious! things have been pretty crazy around here - i'll try to shoot you an e-mail in the next day or so when i have a chance to breathe. i love you!
ruthie,
my dear ruth, i'm sorry i haven't written in awhile. as you know we've been busy with grandma etta. she is doing well, tho still in the hospital. i hope you are feeling better!! i love all of your amazing photos on your blog. i'll send an email and i hope you've been getting my "etta updates" and i'm sure chatting with your mom. she has been a tremendous support. we love and miss you, conway
Post a Comment