I am truly grateful. And I wanted to introduce y'all to this wonderful world that we now call home in all its summertime glory.
1. Music Nights at the Bandshell
Apparently, every week during the summer a band will play at this bandshell right next to "City Beach" at Lac La Belle. Jody and I went our first week just to see... It was so fun. So small town and unlike anything I'd ever experienced before. Apparently, Crosspoint's band will be playing there tomorrow night!
2. Moonlit Movies : moonlitmovies.org
Once a month during the summer there's a town party. Everyone gets together to watch a water show, eat some kettle corn, talk with friends and watch a movie in the park when the sun goes down. This year it was Frozen, The Lego Movie, and finally, the 75th Anniversary of the Premiere of The Wizard of Oz, which was held in the downtown main street.
3. Strawberry Picking
Within a few weeks of having arrived, Jody and I went strawberry picking at Jelli's Market (farm). It was so much fun. There is a good deal of farmland right outside of town both north and south.. and even west towards Madison. So, so beautiful!
4. Summerfest
I had never heard of Summerfest before I moved here to Wisconsin. It is reported to be one of the largest summer music festivals in the world, and bands from all over come to this venue for 10-12 days. This summer we've seen both Ray LaMontagne and Crowder. So much fun!
5. The Kettle Morraine
While there are no mountains here in Wisconsin, there are beautiful forests with so much greenery, flowers and wildlife. It's absolutely beautiful. Jody and I have gone hiking and hammocking in this beautiful forest.
6. Kayaking Adventures!
This was my first time kayaking. A new friend, Trish lent us her kayaks, so we had a blast taking them out and exploring the area in a whole new way! After living in a desert, being surrounded by so much water was anathema.
7. The Kiltie
Apparently The Kiltie is one of the places to go in town for burgers, fries and custard. While Culver's is a chain, The Kiltie is a local spot. Jody and I had a date night treat and thoroughly enjoyed our time there!
8. The Milwaukee Brewers
Twice now Jody and I have had the incredible opportunity to see the Major League Baseball team the Milwaukee Brewers play. It is my first time seeing a MLB team, and we were in second row seats close to home base. It was incredible! I can totally get into baseball with this kind of a view!
9. Working Remotely
While Jody settles in to his job at Crosspoint, I am working from home. This is the view I have all the time. Do you have any idea how hard it is to get work done? But this too is part of the new world of Oconomowoc that is now our home.
10. Sunsets
It is truly a beautiful place that Jody and I have moved to. I am thoroughly enjoying not driving 35+ miles every day. I love the small town feel. And I'm really excited for the grand adventure that the Lord has for us here.
Come visit!

















4 comments:
Looks like you two are embracing all of the opportunities in your new home town! Love it. And love you!
I'm so excited for you and Jody! Looking forward to reading about you two getting stuck in. Love and miss you both!
Loved this :)
Jody and Ruth! What a beautiful place - I'm so happy for you to be in Wisconsin where it all began for the Clementsons. Thank you for sharing your lovely photos and experiences. I wish I could be there with you! Loving and missing you, Auntie Conway
Post a Comment