Saying goodbye is hard. As I type this I'm having the hardest time keeping my eyes open simply because they are tired from crying. After cleaning up the house after work and taking Jody some dinner, while he wraps up a final evening of painting/refinishing furniture at ReNew, I thought about going to the gym and then decided not to. I just don't have the energy. I just want to sleep for a long, long time. This whole business of saying goodbye is just plain hard. And we still have two and a half more weeks until we leave!
God has been faithful in this process of transition. So many answered prayers already! We have found a place to live in Oconomowoc. We have sold the Toyota and bought a Jeep that can make the cross-country trek. For both Jody and me, the last day at our jobs is Thursday. We have even gotten a deposit for the chickens, their coop and their supplies. Today I boxed up everything at my desk. Even my plant.
At work today we had root beer floats for my official "goodbye party" at Southeast. It was a small moment in time to acknowledge the transition, and I am grateful I had the chance to tell everyone how much I love them and how much I'm going to miss them. I cried. Steve cried. We're just an emotional mess in the Missions Department. But that's a whole different blog post.
There's one plus to the grievous business of goodbye-saying: I am getting treated to more meals out than ever in my life!
On second thought... maybe I should go to the gym after all. :)
1 comment:
Sweet Beens! So good to hear your heart and experience a small, important portion of your life via your blog. We love you dearly and will be praying for your departure, transition, and new season. Good things await! But I know you already know that.
Post a Comment