Three years ago, when we moved into our little duplex, we decided to paint it a bunch of fun colors. Blue-grey for our bedroom, bright blue for the bathroom, red for the kitchen, and an avocado green in the second bedroom. Well, what I thought was an avocado green anyways.
It ended up turning out like this.
The only problem was that - over time - it seemed to start glowing... literally, glowing. Hardly the kind of room you want to spend time in. And when you have so little space to begin with, it's a serious knock on useable space. It had become the catch-all room. The space you threw stuff in and then closed the door. I'm sure you all have some such spot.
Over Christmas break, Jody and I decided to do something about it. We wanted to reclaim the room. We primed it. Painted. Stained. Spray-painted. Nailed. Melted. Cut. Potted. And here is what it looks like now!
We haven't fully decided if we're done yet. We'd like to get some window treatments at some point. And perhaps a plant stand... but at this point, we are just so thrilled to have an extra space that really does function as a study / quiet time room.
This is where I spend my early mornings with the Lord. Perfect sunlight streaming in. Warm blanket for my lap. Excellent rocking chair. You should try it out.
This is the side wall. It seems like it's uneven here, but we didn't see the point in clogging up the walls unnecessarily. Perhaps we'll add something to the right side later.
My closet used to be wide open to the world. And then we saw these curtains at IKEA, and decided that they were more fun than a door. I love it!
So thankful for the room...
All the beautiful plants... especially the succulents.
The bookshelves for all my Louis L'Amour books.
The sweet book-ends that Jody made from old records.
The fun record pen/pencil holder.
We love it!
All the beautiful plants... especially the succulents.
The bookshelves for all my Louis L'Amour books.
The sweet book-ends that Jody made from old records.
The fun record pen/pencil holder.
We love it!


1 comment:
I love it! You do so much with elbow grease and creativity, Ruthie. Way to go!
Post a Comment