The dilemma Jo and I face when we're planning to get away for a few days is this:
Tried & True vs. New, Unknown Adventure
We have our favorite spots for backpacking, camping or biking, but there are so many trails yet unseen. So many new places to explore! What to do? Well, this summer we visited a few new places.
The first new place we tried out was called 'Hell's Hole' and was a 4 mile hike straight uphill to arrive at the camping spot. It lived up to its name, for sure. After going through a beautiful section of aspens, it was just steady, slow-going under the hot sun.
 |
| Finally seeing the tree line! Phew. So tired! |
At this point, we had almost arrived, and we were exhausted. The dogs were, too. We felt so badly for them, we picked them up and carried them for sections of the hike. Poor little wiener dogs!
 |
And we have arrived! Yay!

|
|
| I need a picture with it, too! :) |
 |
 |
| Waiting for Daddy to find a campsite |
 |
| So hungry! |
 |
| Tent up, food cooking. We're happy. :) |
 |
| Yay for food and time together!! |
 |
| Time to go 'na-night'! So tired... |
 |
| This one really knows how to sleep. |
 |
| Early morning beauty |
Beautiful area, but would we do it again? I don't know. It was a hard hike and there wasn't much water available near possible campsites. Overall, I think we're glad we did it, but I'm not sure we'd make the trek again... Especially when there are so many other trails we'd like to check out!
No comments:
Post a Comment