Wednesday, November 16, 2011

South Carolinian Charm

I am slightly jealous. Last month my sister Sarah and her boyfriend Justin were able to take a trip to South Carolina. They got to see my mom's side of the family (who live in Aiken, SC), and they got to see beautiful Charleston, where mom lived for a short season. When I see pictures from their trip, I get a little homesick. Now, I've only been to South Carolina a few times in my life. However, there is no mistaking the beautiful, lush green. The older architecture. The snippets of Southern culture that are even more accentuated in South Carolina than they are in Virginia.

I love the West. I love the mountains... these beautiful Rocky Mountains are just breathtaking. And I love the clear air. And no bugs. And the sunshine. And the snow that melts a day or two after falling. And the outdoorsy, laid-back atmosphere.

But I love the East Coast, too. And pictures of it remind me of my torn affections constantly. So, Justin is a FANTASTIC photographer, and he captured a few shots from their trip. Here are sampling (click on each picture to enlarge).



For more of Justin's pictures, visit his blog posting about the trip.

No comments: