Monday, August 29, 2011

The smells of summer

Where has summer gone? I cannot believe that I am staring at the last few days of August, and September is right around the corner! What happened to the lazy days of summer? Part of me is quite anxious for cooler temperatures, but the other part of me wants to hold on to the smells (or just the joys!) of summer. When I think about this past summer, I think of...

  • The heat baking the soil and plants in our garden
  • Freshly cut cantaloupe or home-made salsa (blended to Jody's liking) 
  • Eu-mi freshly bathed after playing outside and getting dirty... I just love the smell of her oatmeal shampoo! 
  • An afternoon shower in the mountains. There is nothing quite like the smell of pine trees in the Rockies.
  • Zucchini bread made with zucchini from the garden. It fills the house with such sweetness!
  • Freshly cut grass at Englewood High's practice fields... as I lay in my hammock and read. :) 

So thankful for the gift of summertime!

No comments: