Thursday, June 02, 2011

Keeper of the Home: Compassion Trip

I follow this blog, called 'Keeper of the Home'. It's a fantastic blog about everything from natural living to guarding your heart and living a life of surrender to the Lord, and I highly recommend it. If you would like to, as well, just click here.

Right now, the main writer of the blog, Stephanie Langford, is in the Philippines meeting her family's sponsored child and blogging on behalf of Compassion. It's fantastic, and I highly recommend just stopping for a few minutes and reading what God is doing through Compassion International. If you want to check out just Stephanie's posts, click on the link to her blog above. If you wish to read several posts from several bloggers, click on the picture below!

Compassion Bloggers: Philippines 2011

Part of the reason for my interest in Compassion International is that I work with them fairly closely through my job at Southeast. Southeast Christian families currently sponsor ~830 children through Compassion International, and I am constantly communicating with Compassion staff down in Colorado Springs. We order packets to put out at a 'Compassion Wall' in our Lobby on a consistent basis, and just a few months ago we hosted a 'Compassion Weekend'. Peter Habyarimana, a Ugandan native and graduate of the Compassion program, spoke of the difference that God has made in His life through the work of Compassion. 

If you want to see the video of Peter's message, click here.

All the interaction with Compassion has made me seriously consider sponsorship myself. Our lives have been unstable for so many years and we have not been sure where we'd be living, or even if we'd be able to pay our own bills. But I do think that perhaps the Lord is calling me nonetheless....

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Oh, I read a book by the president of Compassion International, "Too Small to Ignore." Among other things, I like their mission statement.

http://lizinstpete.blogspot.com/2009/08/child-advocate.html