Thursday, May 05, 2011

Being an Aunt

Even though Easter has already come and gone, my sister Rebekah posted several pictures of her family on Facebook, and I just had to share them. I just love my nieces and nephews so much, and I'm so proud of my sister and Bryan for how they are raising their children. 

If anything, being an aunt provides a bit of perspective. I think, as a parent, it must be hard to see change from day to day. You're too in the middle of raising them. Often I hear parents say, "One day I blinked, and my children were grown!" Aunts, on the other hand, get to watch the progress more gradually... and, like grandparents, we get to see all the good things without having to deal with the bad. Ha!

But anyways... here are some of the pictures of Micah, Nathan, Chloe and Jane taken this past Easter Sunday.


I won't lie. I love this picture. Rebekah said Jane was having an especially difficult day, because she hadn't had her nap yet. Isn't she adorable (in a tragic sort of a way?!) 


Here's Bryan with his boys.


The kids have several aunts and uncles, actually. Five uncles and four aunts, to be exact! Here are my sister Anna and my brother Luke. :)


A bit of a view of the front yard. At the house there are chickens, horses, llamas, cats... and much else, I'm sure! What a fun way to grow up.


Poor, tragic, sweet, adorable Jane. 


Bryan with his girls!


The four kiddos



The boys

No comments: