The end is in sight...
There is one lesson I have learned very thoroughly through this process called seminary: don't set your heart on anything too quickly.
When Jody began his degree at Denver Seminary over two years ago, we were shooting for graduation in December of 2010 (yep, the December that passed four months ago). But then life happened. (Of course it did.) A poor job market. Two moves. A car accident. Financial stress. Greater church involvement. Brad's passing. And so plans had to change. And through it all, God has been good.
The latest challenge to graduation presented itself a few weeks ago. Jody needed to register for his last semester, and there were only 3 classes left standing between him and that stinkin' piece of paper. But one of those classes was not offered. Ha! Somehow, deep in my gut, I knew something like this was going to happen. Immediately when I got the text from Jody, my stomach sank. Graduation May 2012?? It could not be! But we are rejoicing today. Jody and I put our heads together and decided the best step to take was to immediately speak with the head of the MA Leadership department, Dr. Lindquist and see what could be done. Praise the Lord, Dr. Lindquist was eager and willing to work with Jody, knowing a bit about the stresses of the past few months. He and another professor, Dr. Carroll, agreed to tack on an extra credit to one of the other classes, require a bit more work of Jody, and his requirements will be satisfied. Two classes. 5 credits. And 8 more months.
We are thrilled. God is truly good and merciful to us. Yay!
Graduation Date: December 12, 2011

2 comments:
Yah!! I'm so happy to hear that it's working out that Jo can graduate in December! Love you guys!
I love you ruthie and your perseverance! The end is in sight. You guys are in my prayers. I love you both!
Post a Comment