Prayer Request
On Thanksgiving morning Jody went to play some football with people at our church. I was away in Virginia for a few days, so I encouraged him to hang out with people as much as possible so he didn't feel lonely (at least when he had time to spare from do school assignments). Well, lo and behold, he goes all out, tackles and tries to catch crazy passes.... and somewhere along the line hurt his finger trying to catch a pass from TJ - our pastor and one of Jody's seminary mentors. Of course.
His right ring finger - at the joint closest to the finger nail - was swollen, red, bruised and refused to straighten up. I am so thankful for insurance, but sad we have to use it. He went to the doctor and got some x-rays done. From the top it looks fine. From the side, you can see that a corner edge of bone has chipped off and is floating above the rest of his finger. Today he goes to see an orthopedic. Please pray for God to heal Jody.
But my real prayer request is that God would completely heal Jody all over. In the past year since we have returned to the States, he has hurt his knee twice, his shoulder, and his foot. And now his finger. Since we didn't have insurance, we didn't get any of those injuries prior to this finger checked out, so we don't really know what happened to them. Really, I am just praying that God completely heals him and that these injuries stop!
I am thankful we serve a God who heals. Many claim that the God of the Bible no longer works miracles today, but I love being able to say that I have seen Him work miraculously in my life and in my childhood growing up. I love that His Word says , "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever" (Hebrews 13,8) and that we are called to "Praise the LORD, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits- who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's" (Psalm 103, 1-5).
The same unchanging God, who raised Jesus from the dead is more than able to handle our fragile bodies. I am so thankful for that assurance, and my faith remains in the Lord - no matter what happens.
Please join me in praying for God to bring complete healing to Jody's body.
His right ring finger - at the joint closest to the finger nail - was swollen, red, bruised and refused to straighten up. I am so thankful for insurance, but sad we have to use it. He went to the doctor and got some x-rays done. From the top it looks fine. From the side, you can see that a corner edge of bone has chipped off and is floating above the rest of his finger. Today he goes to see an orthopedic. Please pray for God to heal Jody.
But my real prayer request is that God would completely heal Jody all over. In the past year since we have returned to the States, he has hurt his knee twice, his shoulder, and his foot. And now his finger. Since we didn't have insurance, we didn't get any of those injuries prior to this finger checked out, so we don't really know what happened to them. Really, I am just praying that God completely heals him and that these injuries stop!
I am thankful we serve a God who heals. Many claim that the God of the Bible no longer works miracles today, but I love being able to say that I have seen Him work miraculously in my life and in my childhood growing up. I love that His Word says , "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever" (Hebrews 13,8) and that we are called to "Praise the LORD, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits- who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's" (Psalm 103, 1-5).
The same unchanging God, who raised Jesus from the dead is more than able to handle our fragile bodies. I am so thankful for that assurance, and my faith remains in the Lord - no matter what happens.
Please join me in praying for God to bring complete healing to Jody's body.
No comments:
Post a Comment