Sunday, November 01, 2009

October Snowfall

This past week it felt a little like Christmas here in Colorado. I found myself wanting to decorate the apartment and put in a CD of Christmas carols. Ha! Earlier on in the week, we began to hear reports of a potential blizzard, and on Tuesday night it began to snow. It didn't stop until Thursday afternoon... when we had two feet of light, perfect, fluffy snow. It was fantastic! Neither Jody or I have experienced this much snow in years. We felt like little kids and loved every minute of it. Sadly I had to inch my way to work on Wednesday, but thankfully I got Thursday as a snow day. It was fantastic to have an excuse just to play and rest! Jody also did not have classes at Denver Seminary on Thursday, so he missed a huge exam (which he has to make up this Thursday... of course).


(click to enlarge)

Instead of humdrum work on our uber-special and unexpected vacation day, we ate pancakes and watched a movie, then we met up with Sam and Britt and went to the park to play in the snow. The boys threw the football, and we just took pictures, sat in the snow, made snow angels and just reveled in the beauty of it all. That evening Jody and I celebrated by buying 2 Little Caesar $5 pizzas and watched another movie! It was a fantastic day! ... And now... 3 days later, the snow has all but melted and it was 64 degrees today. Ahhh, I love Colorado weather. :)


(click to enlarge)

No comments: