Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Trip to the River....


Last week Jody and I teamed up with Sam and Britt and their hilarious dachshund Rustie (whom we call 'Wustie Wat' on occasion) and made a trip closer to the mountains to the South Platte River. It was such a fun trip! And the dogs had a blast playing along the trail, sniffing in the brush and attacking each other. Poor Eu-mi does not have as much stamina as Rustie - quite yet - so her main goal was just to keep up with Rustie and even just to chase after Rustie's leash. It was so entertaining!
Jody and I have often mentioned the fact that we would love to get up in the mountains, but it is a challenge to find a big enough block of time. Semester midterms are looming ahead for Jo starting next week, and I am in the middle of interviewing for a possible nannying position. And so I find the greatest challenge is just being available to meet for interviews at any time - and therefore not booking my schedule too much. The excuses are just that.... excuses... but we truly do hope that once life settles into a routine and I find a job, that we can begin to budget for little excursions up into the mountains or into downtown Denver for fun trips.

LOVE to YOU ALL!

2 comments:

beautiful feet said...

looks good, ruthie!! love you!! xx.

Stephanie said...

great work! look forward to more in the future!