In the three weeks since Jody and I moved to Colorado, we have attempted to settle and accomplish as much as we could before Jody began classes at Denver Seminary. And here we are, three weeks later, with the first day of classes looming before us tomorrow. The time has flown! I confess I am exhausted and yet rejuvenated, weary of all the unknowns we have had to live with the past five months and yet thrilled that we are entering a season of new everything! It is fitting, at this point, that I acknowledge that apart from the grace and mercy of God, we would not be where we are. I am so thankful He has taken care of us, and I am disciplining myself to remember that He will continue to be faithful, even though I don't know yet where I'll be working or how our daily lives will look once this semester gets going.
I am thrilled about one thing - our home is mostly in order! The most pressing walls in the basement have been painted (the living room / hall and the master bedroom), the boxes and trash have been removed, our items have found their homes and I have been able to catch up on laundry, cleaning and pantry-filling. We have been able to live and move from day to day with enough rest to keep going. God has indeed been faithful.
Thank you to everyone who has prayed for us, called us and encouraged us. Please don't stop! We rely on those prayers and words of encouragement.
These are just a few pictures of our new place, but if you want to see more, please click on this link - it will take you to my (Ruth's) facebook account, which has an album with more pictures.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=216068&l=54bca&id=853925610
2 comments:
Great photos! So glad that you guys found such a wonderful place to live and that you've gotten all settled in. Praying that you find a good job, Ruth! Keep us posted!
Dear Ruth and Jody
Just read your Blog and viewed your apartment. I love your place and especially the kitchen. Glad to hear you are both doing well. life is GOOD and the Lord will help you see your goals. I am fine and staying busy like a bee. Betty Jo is good too. She just keeps getting smarter and is developing such a sweet personality. All the family is fine as far as I know. Ruth, hope you find a job you can't wait to get to every am. You two take special care. Love you both! Nannie
Post a Comment