To all whom we love and miss, HELLO! I know that you probably feel like we have dropped off of the face of the earth, but Jody and I are still alive and kicking. Please forgive me once again for the delay in blog-writing. It is challenging for me to operate healthily and consistently without a regular schedule and being sensitive to Jody's parents' schedules, as well. But I am praying for grace, health and the love of Christ to flow from me no matter what situation I find myself in.
Right now I am sitting in Pam and Alan's office and listening to Brian and Jenn Johnson, an amazing husband/wife team of worship leaders, based out of California ( http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=90954097 ) . The house is quiet elsewhere, as the parents-in-law are out running errands, Jody is working, and I am taking the day off to rest. I needed a day to just be alone.... and I will not lie, it has been wonderful.
Two weeks ago we returned from visiting Jody's friends in Austin, TX. Since then we have been helping his family friends the Andrews (consisting of Jeff, Sharron, and their three daughters Rachel, Rebekah and Ruth) move from one home to another here in Pampa. Jo and I rouse ourselves around 8 and toot across town (5 minutes from one end to another!) and receive instructions from Sharron for what she wants accomplished that day. Mostly we have been boxing and just taking the boxes to the new house. A few days ago we spent a good amount of time trying to catch the koi fish in the Andrews' backyard pond. Since there is no pond in the Andrews' new yard (yet), they are giving their fish away. And yesterday we began taping/papering and painting the master bedroom closet in the new house. Who knows what we will have to do next week!?
In other news, two weeks ago Jo and I went to Amarillo and bought a bike for me! It is a reddish-orange colored Jamis mountain bike, and I am totally thrilled about it. God is so good! I have dreamed about having my own bike for a long time. I look forward to days on the trail and off-road in Colorado in the months and hopefully years to come.
As for Jody and Denver Seminary..... he registered for classes as of Tuesday! Praise the Lord!! I think, as of now, he is registered for 11 credits and is on the top of the waiting list for a 3-credit class. We heard he has a good chance of being added.
We will head up to the school on December 1st and tour the campus on the 2nd. Then we're planning to stay with a friend of mine Rebecca and her husband Deric, both whom are graduating from Denver Seminary this semester, while we look for an apartment. Please be in prayer for us, as we are making big decisions for the next phase in our lives.
I will close with one prayer request. I am seeing a consistent trend in my life where my body shows it is not happy when I am under any kind of stress. Often it has been laryngitis, when I lose my voice for months at a time. This year it has been that AND fever blisters. I got one in Korea this year (for the first time in YEARS!) and I have gotten two fever blisters in the past month. I am guessing that my body is exhausted from Korea, moving back to the States, living in parents' homes, and living in months'-long transition, all the while preparing for a life and seminary in Colorado. Please pray for me to find my rest in Christ and to cast all my cares on Him. He is more than enough to sustain me.
1 comment:
hi mrs. ruth
i am so sorry i missed you when you came to VA. when are you coming back . i miss you
love
kaitlyn
Post a Comment