so now it's warm... sort of.
with yellow dust coming from china and gusts of wind that blow your face off, we are finally entering spring here in korea. there are flowers blooming, however scraggly. and the sun is starting to shine for longer
periods during the day. there is still reason to hope, i encourage my heart!
however, i have had a little bit of a rough week. monday i started feeling itchy, tired eyes - a sure sign of oncoming sickness. tuesday morning i woke without my voice. slept a lot, piddled. wednesday was the trip to my friendly doctor, who said i have an upper respiratory infection and prescribed 4 pills and one liquid medicine. in korea you have to take at least 4 pills to be getting healthier. no less is acceptable, i've decided. more sleep. more rest. chugging tea and water like nobody's business.
last night jody bought a humidifier.
awesomeness.
my room now feels like a sauna. how cool is that? where is vicks?!?!
and as of now (thursday evening) my voice has yet to return full-force. i went in and tried to teach my first class today... mrs. kim sent me home. i'll go back to teach my 3rd, and then i'm done for today. i feel like such a slacker, but i don't know what else i can do. without my voice i'm really quite useless.
i know that the Lord has some purpose in everything. the fact that He allows things like laryngitis to be in my life shows that He is doing something. please pray for healing and that i can learn what He wants me to learn through it.
"Therefore I will look to the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me." Micah 7,7
"Therefore I will look to the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me." Micah 7,7
1 comment:
Yeah, whenever I start getting sick, I try to postpone getting well until I have room in my schedule...LOL. Sometimes we just have to put off our plans and admit that we're weak human beings. There's a time for "toughing out," but it will be a greater service to others in the end when we put off our plans and rest in order to put in a healthy day's work when we've recuperated. I don't know if I've ever actually followed this advice, but I've given it a lot of thought.:)I think God just sometimes wants us to stop and be still. But I do hope you feel better very soon!
Post a Comment