Monday, March 12, 2007

i did it...
i took the token picture. sorry.
after an emotionally-charged weekend, i thought it was high-time i let everyone know the news. after picking me up from work friday night and walking me home, jody asked me to be his wife.... (at least, i think that's what he said. i actually don't remember everything. call it overload. ha!) anyway, i said, 'yes.' :)
we are so very happy, while still feeling incredibly inadequate to face the planning and challenges that are ahead. just this morning we prayed that God would equip us and help us to know what we need to do while we're here in korea. there's a lot to be done, and we must continue with our jobs and the details of our lives in korea while most planning will have to take place in the states. first and foremost, however, we are praying for our lives, our thoughts, or focus to remain centered on the Lord and that our walks with Him will only grow through this season of engagement. we give all the glory to the Lord.
we are planning on getting married august 25th at my church in richmond - west end assembly of God. poor pastor bill... two clementson weddings in 3 weeks. ahahaha!
"Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise You.
Thus I will bless You while I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name.
My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness, and my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips."
Psalm 63,3-5

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oops! I deleted the previous comment - I am so technologically savvy that it isn't even funny! I wanted to let you know that I am so very happy for you and Jody! Congratulations, and I am definitely praying for all of the major decisions/plans/etc. that you'll be making in the near future. Remember, come June, I am available to help you with whatever you need! I mean it. I love you very much. Thank you for posting the ring picture - I was very curious. And I am so pumped that I won the bet with Christa! No crazy dancing or singing for me! Hallelujah! I got your e-mail - I will respond ASAP - but I need to get to bed! :P Love you!

Lindsey said...

P.S. I am very glad that Jody didn't hide the ring in a hollowed out stuffed animal like your last present - you might have thrown it away! :)

beautiful feet said...

i love you guys. i'm so happy for you! xxoo!

Stephanie said...

so i saw your post this morning.. and since then have returned probably 3 or 4 times to look at it again... ridiculous i know - because its not like you changed anything or added anything - but I just am reminded that it is real every time I see and read this post and am very excited for you both! talk soon, i hope!

Lisa said...

Ruth I started crying again. When will this news not make me cry. Can we please talk super soon?!

A said...

Wonderful! and thanks for posting the pic! Curious minds, ya know!

Anonymous said...

what a long way you've come.. from that blog posting in November ;)

Ams said...

hey woman! thanks for the myspace comment, and congratulations! Jody did good on the ring..it's beautiful! I'm so excited for you guys. I hope that I will be able to meet him while I'm home in August! But I know you'll be super busy, so if it doesn't happen, then I'll look forward to a future opportunity! i love you friend!