Welcome to Jeju Island!
Already the school week has passed, and I can finally sit down long enough to record the events of last weekend. Saturday morning Mrs. Kim arranged a taxi to pick up both Lauren and me and to take us to a bus station in Suwon. We met at the Suwon Hotel Castle (a limousine bus station) and took the bus to Incheon Airport. As soon as familiar airport sights and sounds filled my senses, I immediately thought of home. It was only 5 months ago that I came through this airport, having said goodbye to Mom and the girls just the day before! Lauren kept me delightfully entertained (have I ever told you how much she communicates using sounds and facial/body gestures rather than actual words?!) throughout the time in the airport and the flight to Jeju. As soon as we entered the Jeju Airport a taxi driver met us (wow. Talk about customer service.) and took us first to an oceanside spot, where we happened to meet the governor of Jeju Island. We then commenced on a little ferry to a submarine, stationed not too far off the coast. Lauren was happily snapping pictures of the underwater flora and fauna (Sarah, I know you know exactly where I got that phrase!!), me, and everything in sight.
After that we went to another park, where we were able to see close-up the ocean, volcanic cliffs, and a ,magnificent sunset. Then it was check-in at our amazingly beautiful hotel, The Shilla. which happens to be the best hotel in Korea. I confess my mouth was agape the entire time. We met for dinner and then a volcanic fire-breathing dragon display at another hotel. Later that night Mrs. Kim, Lauren, and I went to a karaoke room, where Lauren commenced laughing at my inability to keep a note. lol
Already the school week has passed, and I can finally sit down long enough to record the events of last weekend. Saturday morning Mrs. Kim arranged a taxi to pick up both Lauren and me and to take us to a bus station in Suwon. We met at the Suwon Hotel Castle (a limousine bus station) and took the bus to Incheon Airport. As soon as familiar airport sights and sounds filled my senses, I immediately thought of home. It was only 5 months ago that I came through this airport, having said goodbye to Mom and the girls just the day before! Lauren kept me delightfully entertained (have I ever told you how much she communicates using sounds and facial/body gestures rather than actual words?!) throughout the time in the airport and the flight to Jeju. As soon as we entered the Jeju Airport a taxi driver met us (wow. Talk about customer service.) and took us first to an oceanside spot, where we happened to meet the governor of Jeju Island. We then commenced on a little ferry to a submarine, stationed not too far off the coast. Lauren was happily snapping pictures of the underwater flora and fauna (Sarah, I know you know exactly where I got that phrase!!), me, and everything in sight.
After that we went to another park, where we were able to see close-up the ocean, volcanic cliffs, and a ,magnificent sunset. Then it was check-in at our amazingly beautiful hotel, The Shilla. which happens to be the best hotel in Korea. I confess my mouth was agape the entire time. We met for dinner and then a volcanic fire-breathing dragon display at another hotel. Later that night Mrs. Kim, Lauren, and I went to a karaoke room, where Lauren commenced laughing at my inability to keep a note. lol
The next day brought a swim in the hotel pool (may I just say how ridiculous swimming caps are?), horseback riding, a museum visit, and then bac k to our hotel, where Lauren and I watched The Sound of Music. yay! The next morning was the amazing continental breakfast, a walk around the area, and check-out. And so we began the long ride home.
brothers' island






No comments:
Post a Comment